Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Wonder- Nose-Picking

I woke up this morning, and the first thought in my head was: "I wonder if there is some rule that everyone's fingers have to be the same width or circumference as their nostrils," because if you think about it, if not, inevitable nose-picking would be really dangerous. The first thing I'm sure you're thinking is, WTF? but, yes, I do have really odd thoughts that often pop up in my head, thus, my overwhelming curiosity.

This was kind of difficult to find the answer (doesn't mean I'm not still trying), but I came across some other interesting facts in the meantime about our bodies, courtesy of the MSN health and fitness section. Here are a few good ones:

Watching yourself run in a mirror can make a treadmill workout go faster and feel easier.

Third-hand smoke- the particles that cling to smokers' hair and clothing and linger in a room long after they've left- is a cancer risk to young children and pets.

Baking soda can whiten teeth, garlic can help treat athlete's foot, and honey can soothe a hangover.

Dogs can smell cancer and low blood sugar.

You're more likely to have a heart attack on a Monday, or up to three days after you've been diagnosed with the flu or a respiratory tract infection.

1 comment:

  1. i could have told you that first one. if i'm watching myself, i can run for days. i experience the same thing if i've got a cute guy behind me.

    ReplyDelete